Steve Briglia has extensive trial experience in both civil and criminal law matters. He has tried cases before judges and juries in both state and federal court. He has also served as counsel in administrative hearings and arbitrations. Mr. Briglia’s clients range from national and regional businesses to individuals involved in business disputes and criminal investigations.
Mr. Briglia is a founding member of Briglia Hundley.
Mr. Briglia has served on numerous boards and commissions in his community. He served as a Council Member and Mayor for the Town of Vienna. He is currently the Town Attorney for the Town of Vienna. In that capacity, he advises the Mayor and Counsel, and he represents the Town of Vienna in all legal matters. Because of his varied legal background, Mr. Briglia brings a unique perspective to the representation of his clients. He has argued cases in every Circuit Court in Northern Virginia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the Virginia Court of Appeals, and the Virginia Supreme Court.
Mr. Briglia is an active member of the Fairfax Bar Association, serves as a trustee for the Vienna Baseball Foundation, and coaches youth sports.
Certifications, Honors, and Awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Construction Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury Litigation 2017
- 2016 Top Lawyers of Virginia, Northern Virginia Magazine
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2013 to present
- Martindale-Hubble AV Rated
Areas of Practice
- Civil Matters
- Municipal Law
- Criminal Defense
- Administrative Hearings
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Commonwealth’s Attorney for Fairfax County, Virginia
- Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member, Fairfax Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Trustee, Vienna Baseball Foundation
- George Mason University School of Law Juris Doctor, 1988
- University of Virginia Bachelor of Arts, 1985
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit