Steven D. Briglia
Steve Briglia has over 30 years of extensive trial experience in both civil and criminal law matters. He has tried hundreds of cases before judges and juries in both state and federal court. He also regularly represents clients in administrative hearings, arbitrations, and mediations, and he serves as outside general counsel to numerous corporate clients. Mr. Briglia’s clients include national and regional businesses, municipalities, elected officials, and individuals involved in business disputes and criminal investigations.
Mr. Briglia is a founding member of Briglia Hundley.
Mr. Briglia has served on numerous boards and commissions in the community. He served as a Council Member and Mayor for the Town of Vienna. He is currently the Town Attorney for the Town of Vienna. In that capacity, he advises the Mayor and the Town Counsel, and he represents the Town of Vienna in all legal matters.
Mr. Briglia’s extensive and varied legal background allows him to aggressively address his client’s legal issues with great knowledge, depth, and perspective. He has argued cases in Circuit Courts throughout Virginia, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, before the Virginia Court of Appeals, and before the Virginia Supreme Court.
Mr. Briglia is an active member of the Fairfax Bar Association and currently serves on its Board of Directors. He is also a trustee for the Vienna Baseball Foundation and has coached youth sports for many years.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Corporate Law/General Counsel Representation
- Administrative Hearings
- Criminal Investigations and Defense
Certifications, Honors, and Awards
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell 1998 to present
- Listed in Best Lawyers 2013 to present
- Listed in Top Lawyers of Virginia, Northern Virginia Magazine
- Received the Fairfax Bar Association President’s Award 2015
Professional Accomplishments and Awards
Past Employment Positions
- Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Fairfax County, Virginia
- Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Director, Fairfax Bar Association Board of Directors, 2019 to present
- Member, Fairfax Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Trustee and President, Vienna Baseball Foundation
- George Mason University School of Law Juris Doctor, 1988
- University of Virginia Bachelor of Arts, 1985
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court